Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Promise of Spring

Wasn't today a gorgeous day....the warm sun on your face and the fresh, clean air...the colors are changing from grey to vivid spring colors.  Oh yeah, and Robins everywhere.  I know it's not here yet but there is the "promise of spring"!

My corner of Happy's is beginning to look that way also!  Let me show you what I mean...

Here is an "umbrella wreath" to hang on your front door...the umbrella was no longer useable so rather than throw it away, I found a new purpose.  Spring showers bring May flowers, so they say! 






































I put together a vase from Michaels (I found at a discount months ago) and flowers I found at Goodwill to show early spring blooms...looks like they were made for each other.



Here is an umbrella stand that was a little on the rusty side, so I spray painted it black. It could be used for dual purpose...umbrella stand or a large container for long stem artificial flowers...it has a very nice curvy shape and it is one of a kind...you don't see these everywhere.


Actually, I made this last fall and I can not believe it hasn't sold yet.  I found these LL Bean rubber boots at a yard sale and couldn't wait to find a purpose...so I made one into and ECU flower arrangement (which sold quickly) and the other is below.  You can hang it on your door or sit it on your hearth or anywhere really...it is colorful and whimsical and it makes me smile!


I am so thankful that God gives us the change of season...so make the most of every moment!


Remember,
God is always at work around us
and often shows Himself
in the most “unexpected” ways.      


         Pat

1 comment:

  1. Mom I love the boot flower arrangement too! I too cannot believe it has not sold! All of these things look great! I am so glad spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete