Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Where Being Overwhelmed and Procrastination Collide

Oh, yes, that is me.  Not a good thing, right?  Those two characteristics can stop you dead in your tracks if you let them.


Since my last blog I have been very busy working on projects in my garage, helping with projects at my church, and of course, I have had the privilege of babysitting my grandson, Wyatt (who lives 3 hours away).  So I am just now getting back into my regular routine.  

In my last blog, I offered readers the opportunity to share their favorite saying and WIN the chance to have it framed and the winner is (drum roll) Erica .   Click on her name and check out her blogspot.  She has two precious boys and clever ideas and she is very patient.  The reason I know that she is patient is because it has taken me a long time to get the frame she won in the mail.  Here is her frame with her saying...



The bus on top is a little on the "cutesy" side but I am a retired prek/k teacher and cute appeals to me sometimes.  In case, she preferred a not so literal display I sent a bird to go on top to replace the bus. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the frame with the bird. 

If you follow my blog you know I like to repurpose.  This frame started out as a Hallmark Calendar with a broken drawer...


Now, who would go to the trouble of changing that calendar everyday?  Really!  So, I used ribbon to hide the hole where the calendar was sitting and ribbon to hide the words and I glued the small drawer "closed" because there was a crack in the drawer.  Voila!

Let me know what you think!  Below my name click on comment or the small icon (envelope) to make your comment.


Remember,
God is always at work around us
and often shows Himself
in the most “unexpected” ways.      


         Pat

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas, Pat. Thanks for sharing your techniques and ideas. I've loved the jewelry organizer you made for me from a large repurposed frame--I've had lots of compliments--and it holds lots of jewelry! Got any ideas for how to organize my rings?
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Pat! Thank you... it was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete