Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yard Sales Are So Much Fun

I have been to the best yard sales lately.  Several weeks ago, I went on a Friday and found so many wonderful things.  Here are just a few:


I have not repurposed all of the items in this picture but surprisingly most of them.  You might need to come back to this picture as a reminder as we go along. 

By the way, just look at that great dresser/buffet.  Isn't she a beauty!!  Well potentially a beauty.  As you will see I have painted her and replaced several of her drawer pulls.  SWEET!


I have taken many of these things to Happy's.  Let's see if you can find them...

Do you see the painted dresser/buffet?  That 70's gold paint is gone and in it's place is "old white" and "dark wax" to give her that aged look.  She is distressed and ready to go!

Remember these?  Anyone who loves blue and white will love these...they were made in Japan.


In the picture above these black frames were gold...they have been painted and new ribbon added and put together as a vignette with the plate.  


 Remember seeing the glass vase and the small polka dotted trowel.  Who knew they would look so good together.  (sorry the color is so poor, I think I forgot to turn off the shutter and there was tremendous light coming in the window)


Another glass vase but this time with a cross.  I saw something similar to this at our church.  It would be a nice reminder to keep the truths of your faith before you at all times.

Isn't it amazing what you can do with yardsale finds!  I go regularly and thrift stores as well...If any of you need something particular and want me to be on the look out for a good deal...just let me know...half the fun is the unknown...what treasures are waiting to be found.  Ah ha!

Remember,
God is always at work around us
and often shows Himself
in the most “unexpected” ways.      


         Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment