Monday, June 27, 2011

Alot of Elbow Grease


Well, from my last post, you know I have been busy.  Larry (my husband) has gotten into the furniture end of repurposing and I am really glad to have the help.  I have been able to fill up my space at Happy's with all kinds of goodies. 

I am not good at remembering to take pictures through the process but I have a few before and afters to show you.


This is a "scary" chair but it has good bones.


Look at that seat...whew!




I think a dog used the arm for a bone!  YIKES!!




Staples, staples, staples.  Not hard just time consuming.



Here are the good bones!  Notice the sweet caning on the sides..Sun Room Chair in waiting.

Isn't she a beauty...you just want to sit down and read a book.


Next is this chest with drawers.


Here are the drawers.  What you can't see is how warped they were.  Larry worked his magic by remaking the bottom of the drawers with new wood.


Lot's of sanding on the top to get a smooth surface...Larry's elbow grease! 



I wish I had taken a better picture.  This chest is covered
with 4th of July decor.  This could be used in a bedroom or dining room or entry way.  The gray is very soft and would look well with stained furniture.



Okay, the next makeover was on a set of furniture.  The chairs were really washed out but sturdy.  The caning on the seats and table were in great shape.



The table was not as appealing...it was gunky (is that a word) and missing a crossbar.  So Larry grabbed the scapper and sander and went to work.


He also fixed the crossbar.


Then I painted them gray, distressed, and then waxed with a combination of a dark and clear wax.


Aren't they sweet.  They belong on someone's porch.  I think they are vintage and sturdy for their age.  I love it when an old piece gets a new life.  Would you believe we found these at a yardsale for $1.00 a piece...I'm talking $3.00 total.  Is that a deal or what?  They will make someone very happy and with that price, I can price them reasonably as well.

So you can see what has been keeping me busy, but there is more to come.


Remember,
God is always at work around us
and often shows Himself
in the most “unexpected” ways.      


         Pat

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pat, amazing what a little paint, elbow grease and lots of love can do.
    My Hubby & I did the same along with crafts in California.
    Blessings/Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete